Kingdom Hearts 3 Director Tetsuya Nomura Explains What Took So Long
(キングダムハーツ3 ディレクター野村哲也へのインタビュー)
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-director-tetsuya-nomura-explains-/1100-6451732/

翻訳続き A

“We had a plan of the period that it’s going to take for us to create the content at the start of the project, and we laid out, after such and such years, we would need to add more personnel resources,” he said.
“We had submitted it to our headquarters and had it approved, but internal personnel is very limited, and there are various different projects that happen within our company,
so unfortunately timing did not work out. So we had to make due with the timing that was appropriate for the company...the company makes the decisions, so unfortunately sometimes it is out of my control.”
He was keen to emphasize that it hasn’t been problems with development or any choices made by him or his team that have caused Kingdom Hearts 3 to take so long.
“I wanted to emphasize that it wasn’t a problem on our development teams," he said.
"It just happened that way, and there were some decisions that the company had to make, and it just didn’t work out for certain timings that we were hoping to hit.”
“It’s kind of out of my hands,” he added. “I mean, yes, time has passed. But it’s out of my hands.”

「プロジェクトの開始時にコンテンツを作成するための計画が立てられており、そのような年の後に人材を追加する必要がある」と述べた。
「私たちは本社に提出し、承認しましたが、社内の人員は非常に限られており、当社ではさまざまなプロジェクト(※)が行われていましたので、残念ながらタイミングがうまくいかなかったのです。
 だから私たちは、会社にとって適切だった時期に応じなければならなかった...会社が決定を下すので、残念ながら時にはそれが私のコントロールから外れている」
彼はキングダムハーツ3の現行開発スタッフに問題があって遅れているわけではないと強調した。

「私は開発チームにとって問題ではないことを強調したいと思っていました」と彼は言いました。「ちょうどそのようなことが起こりました。会社の決定でタイトルが動きました。
“I mean, yes, time has passed. But it's out of my hands.”と彼は付け加えた。

※このさまざまなプロジェクトとは、おそらくはFINAL FANTASY XVのこと。
  本来キングダムハーツに携わっていたスタッフもXVに使われており、田端はそのKHに必要である重要な人材をクビにしまくった。
  このインタビューのおかげで田端の野望というか、全貌が明らかになってきたな。