Noise levels
First of all, similar to Series X, I think that noise is basically a non-issue with PlayStation 5.
Close-up to the console, you can hear the slight whir of the fan, but in living room, office or bedroom conditions, this totally disappears into the ambient noise.
Fan speeds (and thus noise) also seem remarkably consistent, and even ramping up power draw as much as I could with Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales in photo mode -
and then leaving the console alone for an hour - PlayStation 5 continued to be just as cool and quiet.
The thermal photography of the system under load is literally illuminating.

まず、シリーズXと同様に、PlayStation 5では基本的に騒音は気にならないと思います。
ゲーム機を近くで見ると、ファンの音がわずかに聞こえますが、リビングルームやオフィス、寝室などの環境では、これは周囲の騒音に完全に消えてしまいます。
ファンの回転数(つまり騒音)も驚くほど安定しているようで、マーベルの『スパイダーマン:マイルズ・モラレス』のフォトモードで消費電力を最大にして1時間放置しても
PlayStation 5は変わらず涼しく静かでした。負荷がかかった状態でのシステムの熱写真は、文字通り光を放っています。

Heat
The top of the machine is essentially at room temperature, and even in the centre of the unit where the SoC lurks, the console's skin temperature is in the mid-30s Celsius.
Some of the excess heat leaves the console via the vents in the centre, where temperatures rise to the mid 40s.
However, the back of PlayStation 5 is the main escape route for heat - the whole rear of the unit is basically a big vent and temperatures hit around 50 Celsius max here, generally.
The hottest point in the thermal photography comes in at 57 Celsius on the LAN port, but I think that's just the nature of metal conducting heat and not anything to worry about.
All told then, job done: PlayStation 5 is larger than Xbox Series X, but it is also cooler.
The key point is that the days of jet engine acoustics emanating from your Sony console are a thing of the past.

マシンの上部は基本的に室温であり、SoCが潜んでいるユニットの中央でも、コンソールのスキン温度は摂氏30度半ばです。
過剰な熱の一部は、中央の通気口からコンソールから出て、温度が40代半ばまで上昇します。
ただし、PlayStation 5の背面が熱の主な逃げ道です。ユニットの背面全体が基本的に大きな通気口であり、ここでは一般的に温度が最大約50℃に達します。
熱写真の最もホットなポイントはLANポートの摂氏57度ですが、それは金属が熱を伝導する性質であり、心配する必要はないと思います。
結局のところ、仕事は終わりました。PlayStation5はXbox Series Xよりも大きいですが、それよりもクールです。
重要な点は、ソニーのコンソールから発せられるジェットエンジンの音響の時代は過去のものであるということです。